It is the mission of the Diocese of Greensburg Catholic schools to inspire and prepare the students in our care to become the next generation of spiritual and intellectual leaders by immersing them in a Christ-centered environment that encircles an exemplary education focused on Catholic faith, rigorous academics, outstanding sports and activities, and service to the global community.
We believe that:
- Catholic education is a responsibility shared by all members of the family, parish, school, and Diocese of Greensburg.
- Catholic Schools are centered in Christ’s teachings and Catholic doctrine.
- Each student is created with unique talents and intellect.
- Our rigorous curriculum challenges students to achieve their potential as they strive for excellence within the formation of the faith, academics, and success in life.
- Students have a right to a safe, positive, nurturing learning environment with mutual respect demonstrated throughout the school community.
- Catholic schools encourage students to serve the Church and the greater community, through lifelong evangelization.
Profile of Graduates
Graduates of the schools of the Diocese of Greensburg will be:
Students have mastered a strong academic foundation and are able to apply skills, facts, and knowledge in real world environments.
Students are able to think critically, solve problems, use information, communicate and innovate. They are flexible, adaptive, collaborative, creative and globally aware and are able to compete in a global society.
Students will find ways to share their faith and academic knowledge with others.
Students will be able to work cooperatively for the good of all, accepting the freedom and responsibility leadership brings. They will be encouraged to act with integrity, and to make ethical, responsible, and moral decisions.
Disciples of Christ
Students will evangelize through their words and actions.
Students will develop their natural curiosity and encounter the world and embrace the future with a sense of imagination and wonder. They will acquire the skills necessary to conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning. They will apply thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex problems and develop solutions.
Catholic Social Teachers
Students will show empathy, compassion, and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. They will have a personal commitment to service, and to making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Life Long Learners
Students will work to build personal growth and are intrinsically motivated to continue the learning process throughout one’s life.
St. Sebastian Regional School Mission
St. Sebastian Regional Catholic School is dedicated to serving God through educating the minds, bodies, and souls of His children and their families. We live and teach our faith through a rigorous curriculum that is centered on Catholic Tradition and Scripture and focused on achieving academic excellence. Together, through service and leadership, we form disciples of Jesus Christ and strengthen the community of faith of our Church.
- The School is a Christian educational community and learning is experienced in many different forms.
- We want our children to know that the School and the home are working together to further their education.
- We recognize the individual needs of our children and we strive to help them progress at their pace